January 14, 2010

Let's Get Started

January 14, 2010
Let me start by saying I feel in no way qualified for "leading" this bible study - so that is not what I will be doing. I have just simply created an open forum for us to discuss what the Lord has revealed to each of us through this, what I consider to be, faith changing book.

I bought this book several years ago for myself as well as a few friends. The book quickly found it's way in my night stand and eventually on my book shelf and did not find it's way off until last year when I found myself in what I like to refer to as a "rut". During this time I found myself distant from the Lord and he eventually revealed to be the reasons why - it was 2 fold. First, I had made an idol out of my child... this is hard for me to even admit now! I had placed the needs and wants of Colton above all other - I knew better, but somehow over time it just happened... I had put him in front of the Lord. I was devastated when I realized what I had done. Secondly, I had a major seed of unbelief - you want to talk about being devastated at ones self!... not only that, I was so ashamed!... this is the first time I have shared this with anyone other than my husband. I choose to not going into detail (right now), but this book found itself in my lap and I could not keep my nose out of it! The Lord used it to change me and for that I am so grateful! I did not know at the time the I was being prepared for a harder season in my life, the loss of my earthly father. I have said many times (to probably many of you) that the Lord had me prepared for this loss for a while, but had I been in that "rut" I do not think I would have been able to handle it as I did.

So with that, lets talk about what our goals! What do you wish to gain from this bible study?? My goal for the year is to be a "usable" vessel for the Lord" and to be a bold woman of Christ.



** please note: I hate to proof read so if there are grammatical errors... please find it in your heart to forgive me! ha!

Lot of Love!
Summer Jo

blog comments powered by Disqus