February 2, 2010

Chapter Three - Preparing For Wars and Wonders

February 2, 2010

Wow! That was a lot in one chapter. I love this chapter because it is the true introduction to the rest of the book - she is preparing us all for something wonderful! There is so much I really do not know where to start with this post.

I want to encourage each of you to write down the five statement pledge of faith and post it where you will see it all the time... on your mirror in the bathroom, your refrigerator, your computer screen at work, etc... put it to where you will see it continuously so that it will be ingrained in your heart and when the devil starts to attack you (or uses someone to attack you or your faith - people are good tools of the devil) these statements will pop right to your memory!!

  1. God is who He says He is.
  2. God can do what He says He can do.
  3. I am who God says I am.
  4. I can do all things through Christ.
  5. God's Word is alive and active in me.

Commit to saying this aloud daily for a set length of time – maybe until you finish this book – maybe longer. I am going to commit to do this until baby Claire comes – every day… that is going to be my timeline.

Increase your personal level of sanctification - I love the idea of the bracelets. To be honest with you when I did this book before I did not do the bracelet – I thought to myself, “ahh, I can do it without the bracelet” – well it wasn’t long until I faltered! So pray about what you are going to commit to – set a timeline and get you a blue bracelet of some sort!

You may not feel led to share your commitment, but if you do please go ahead and do so! My personal commitment is to personal bible study time EVERY DAY and once again I am going to set my timetable to when baby #2 arrives – hopefully by that time I will be in such a routine that it will be second nature and I can go with the flow – and everyone know I will need all the prayer time I can get before she arrives!! Shew wee!

I have to say that this is my favorite line of the book so far:

If God said it, I want to believe it. If God gives it, I want to receive it. If God shows it, I want to perceive it. If Satan stole it, I want to receive it.


blog comments powered by Disqus