January 26, 2011

Christmas

January 26, 2011
I do realize that this post is LONG overdue, but better late than never - right?

Knowing how quickly the Christmas holiday comes and goes I put our tree up the second weekend in November and did not take it down until New Year's weekend!  We really enjoyed the tree and the lights, but I was definitely happy to get it down and get the family room put back together.

Every Christmas for the past 11 years I have woken up at my in laws house.  It has been a wonderful tradition for Chris and I and now we are sharing that with our two little ones.  When they get old I want them to be able to look back and remember how wonderful it was to wake up Christmas morning at Papaw and Mamaw's.  I will admit though that the day did not go as I wished - which with so many people, schedules and ideas that is to be expected.  That being said, we may do things a little differently next year.  I felt like the day flew by and was so hectic that it was harder to enjoy - next year I really want to slow it down a little... we will see how that goes! For now we can look back at pictures and remember just how hectic - and fun - the day was.

 Christmas Morning
 I love this picture!!
 This one is priceless!  Claire with her Poppy & Nanny (great grandparents)
Poppy does not like to share Claire - ha ha
 How many men does it take to put together a Radio Flyer!?
It was priceless how tickled Uncle Tom was when he walked in to find Chris in the floor putting this together... I am sure it seems like yesterday this was him in the floor putting together Christmas gifts.
 I think this may have been Colton's favorite gift!  A flash light set from Papaw!
 Not just one, but three flashlights!
 He loved his tricycle ... notice the flashlight and the boots - both Chrismas gifts that he had to try out!
 Ahhh... this is the life!  The bag - it had Colton's handheld flashlights because he was trying to hold onto to them and the handlebars at the same time.
 I think the "big kids" enjoyed the tricycle too ... Colton certainly enjoyed "trying" to push around Mitchell.
 My little book worm :)
 Colton was really more interested in trying to tackle and hug Evelyn than opening gifts.  I think he really just enjoys trying to "get a rise" out of her ... just like a man!
 Paul & Allison ... 
 The silly faces really work well for him!
 Claire really did not have much interest in Penelope :(
 But she did like the ladybug!
 Here he goes again!  Paul's face here is kind of priceless ... I think he is thinking he is going to show Evelyn haw to take Colton down! ha!
And of course the infamous UT vest that we all loved!

blog comments powered by Disqus