February 2, 2011

My Syndrome!

February 2, 2011
If you know me well you probably know that I use to have a major case of "foot in mouth" syndrome.  I say "use to" because I like to think that I have somewhat "grown out of" this syndrome!  Seriously though, I use to be terrible! - and I still have my moments (big smile!).  Leave it up to me to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.  you could usually chalk it up to me just simply not using my brain!  Not thinking before I spoke.  Due to my perpetual foot in mouth problem I have had to apologize to more than one girlfriend and try to explain myself to complete strangers.  Thank the Lord for understanding girlfriends who have learned to roll with the kicks ;).  I try to find humor in this problem, but lets just face the facts, its not funny when you hurt someone's feelings!  I hate more than anything to hurt someones feelings, it makes me sick to think that I have done so.

What has helped me with this problem?  Well, I guess you could say age, experience, growth, maturity - whatever you want to call it.  Learning to hold my tongue and think about what I say before I say it has been a battle for me, but I like to think that I am doing much better.  I'm pretty opinionated and that sometimes is a detriment to my "growth" so to speak, but I have learned that just because it is my opinion does not mean  I have to share it!  What is that old adage?  Opinions are like.... (I will let you fill in the blank) everybody has one, some just stink worse than others!  Ha!  I cannot believe I just typed that out!

What is your "syndrome"???

blog comments powered by Disqus