February 1, 2011

Search me oh Lord

February 1, 2011
I love the Psalms and I particularly love Psalm 139 verses 9-10 "If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and they right hand shall hold me."  I remember clinging onto these verses as a young Christian in a time when I needed to know and feel the presence of the Lord the most.

This afternoon the Lord has laid verses 23-24 on my mind...
"Search me, God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

Who is really willing to ask the Lord to search them - to know your thoughts!?  Are we really brave enough to come before his thrown and ask him to search our thoughts and in essence to reveal the ugly that is lying within!?  I am heavy hearted tonight because the Lord is reveling the ugly, the nasty, the clutter - its not pretty, but its necessary.

Teach me O, Lord to love as you love and teach me to forgive like you forgive.

Search me....

blog comments powered by Disqus