March 14, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

March 14, 2011
Outside my window... it is so dreary and raining.  I am hearing the birds though which reminds me that spring is right around the corner!  We are all definitely looking forward to warmer weather!
I am thinking...that I need to get up and clean and do laundry.  We returned home yesterday afternoon from a long weekend trip to Atlanta and our house is a mess!  How does that happen?  It was clean when I left!


I am thankful for... another year of health and happiness!  Today is my 29th birthday and I could not be more thankful than to be spending the amazing "little people" in my life!


From the kitchen... my Real Food Diet cookbook is opened up and awaiting me to make a shopping list for the week.  We did not eat so good this weekend so we have to get back on track.  The cubbards and fridge are bare so the grocery is on my "to do" list today.


I am wearing... my normal morning attire - my cotton pants and cotton long sleeve shirt.  No makeup and house shoes that desperately need to be replaced.


I am creating... list after list in my mind.  I have a hundred things that I feel like I need to do.  First though I am going to "create" some new learning activities for Colton and I to do together.  I have found some great websites with information for teaching toddlers from home... wasting time playing and watching Veggie Tales is not how I like for him to spend his entire day.


I am going... to try to get myself motivated to make some major progress in my house today so I am not cleaning all week!


I am reading... Growing Kids God's Way


I am hoping... for a productive day and for Claire to nap well.


I am hearing... Colton sing "Sing Sing Sing" into the microphone of his Fisher-Price Learning DJ.  He loves that toy!


Around the house... everything is in disaray.  I cannot wait to get everything back in its home - I feel better when everything is clean and organized!

One of my favorite things... is watching Colton dance to Veggie Tales: Tomato Sawyer and Huckleberry Larry's Big River Rescuewhich he is watching right now.

A few plans for the rest of the week: clean today, order Colton's learning books, mail off ebay items that I sold this week and hopefully by the end of the week we will get to enjoy the sunshine!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Our trip this weekend to the Georgia Aquarium

blog comments powered by Disqus