March 22, 2011

The Wonder of It All

March 22, 2011
"And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints" Psalm 89:5 KJV

Do ever just sit and ponder upon the majesty and wonder of the Lord?  I will admit that I do not do it near enough.  I know I am often in a mad hurry to get so much accomplished that I do not take the time to to admire all that the Lord has done around me (us).  I love that children see the wonder of the Lord - you do not have to teach a child to believe in God - they see, they feel that there is something bigger, something greater than them.

Last summer sometime Colton became ever so in awe with the moon and the stars - he still is.  Every time he would go outside he would look for the moon.  We could be traveling in the car and he would search out all of the windows finally exclaiming "ahhh Momma dere's the moon!".  Over just a few weeks I had gazed at the moon more than I had in years.  Having a toddler is teaching me to take time and enjoy, what may seem to be, the small things in life.  To look at all the natural wonders around us that the Lord has created for OUR enjoyment.  Whenever were outside (or even just looking out the windows) and Colton mentions the birds or the leave or the trees - Chris and I are trying to always acknowledge to him that these are the creations of God!  We want our children to always recognize His splendor and wonder and all that they see!

When I was thinking about this post this morning Caedmon's Call "Majesty" came to my mind, so I will leave you with those lyrics:

Majesty
Worship His majesty
Unto Jesus, be all glory
Honor, and praise

Majesty
Kingdom authority
Flow from His throne
Unto His own
His anthem raise

Majesty
Worship His majesty
Unto Jesus, be all glory
Honor, and praise

Majesty
Kingdom authority
Flow from His throne
Unto His own
His anthem raise

So exalt, lift up on high
The name of Jesus
Magnify, come glorify
Christ Jesus the King

Majesty
Worship His majesty
Jesus who died, now glorified
King of all Kings

So exalt, lift up on high
The name of Jesus
Magnify, come glorify
Christ Jesus the King

Majesty
Worship His majesty
Jesus who died, now glorified
King of all Kings 

blog comments powered by Disqus