May 17, 2011

Emotions are High

May 17, 2011

In just a few days my little Claire Bear is turning one and I am beside myself!  I cannot believe that 12 months has gone by since I gave birth to this precious baby girl!  I thought for sure that I would be a mom with a house full of boys, but oh was I surprised when the Lord gave us this bundle of joy!

DSC_0008

Look how long!!!

I have tried my best to soak up every little moment possible with her as an infant because I am well aware of just how fast time flies by – Colton will be 3 very soon and it seems like yesterday I gave birth to him!  I know you’re suppose to say this, but Claire has truly been such a joy.  She has been an easy baby which I am sure has a lot to do with the fact that this has been my second time around!  Birth order for sure makes a difference in children!

My emotions have been high.  I am well aware that this is most likely our last baby, which I think is part of the reason I am so reluctant to give up breastfeeding.  I totally weaned Colton at 13 months and thought I would do the same with Claire.  My milk supply had started to dwindle and I was only nursing her twice a day (morning and night), but that I became sad and emotional over it (is this crazy!?) so I started taking my fenugreek again and back to nursing her 3-4 times a day.  Breastfeeding for sure is coming to an end in the next few months, but I just do not know when I or even Claire will be totally ready.

Claire’s birthday party has been consuming my mind as of lately.  Not so much because were having such a big shindig – its just going to be something small and intimate with family, but because I want the day to be special and memorable!

Ahhhhh… she will soon be a toddler.


blog comments powered by Disqus