May 19, 2011

Happy Birthday

May 19, 2011
I love traditions… in almost any form!  I also like routine, but that is not really important right now (wink wink).  A few years ago I had heard about a mom who always took pictures of her kiddos on the morning of their birthday.  First thing in the morning she would go in as they were waking up, before they had a chance to get out of bed and she would snap a photo.  The daughter said she even did it to them as teenagers – she said it was so much fun to go back and look at the photos!  I thought this was a fun idea and so we started it with Colton on his first birthday.
Claire was up during the night with a fever (I’m pretty sure from cutting teeth) so I wanted to let her sleep in as long as she wanted this morning.  Chris and I perched outside her door listening and peeking in to see if she was awake so we could slip in and get our photo!
DSC_0051
She heard the door open and jumped up like she always does…
DSC_0052
Then she always plops back down to get her aden + anais muslin blankey!  Her favorite and she wants to bring it with her out of the crib!!
DSC_0053DSC_0054
I know I’m partial, I’m suppose to be, I’m her mother – but she is the cutest little thing I have ever laid my eyes on!!
DSC_0055
This is her “get me daddy” face and grunt!
Ahhhh Happy Birthday my sweet Anna Claire!

blog comments powered by Disqus