May 14, 2011

Lets Get Started Gardening!

May 14, 2011
Chris picked up our straw bales last week and we have gotten to work!
DSC_0007
Were about 2 weeks behind, but hopefully that will not hurt us too bad!
DSC_0005
This is our first time doing any type of garden so were going to start off with only 4 bales!  Despite the fact that my mother in law and my father in law both do large gardens every year Chris and I know very little about gardening and even LESS about straw bale gardening.  I found a good website called Grow and Make that had some great info about straw bale gardening.  I have actually been really surprised at how popular this form of gardening is!
DSC_0012DSC_0043
We went right to work soaking our bales… Colton has enjoyed this part!
DSC_0017
Claire thought about getting in on the action, but kept her distance from her brother and the gardening hose!
DSC_0040
Were excited to see how this is going to turn out!  Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment