May 24, 2011

Proof Reading

May 24, 2011
So if you have been reading here for any length of time you may notice that I am terrible about proof reading.  For some reason I HATE it ... I mean really really hate it!  This is not something that just came along when I started blogging it is a bad habit that I formed many years ago.  It is such a tedious job and I find it extremely difficult to proof my own work.

When I first started blogging I came across an article about how to be a successful blogger and one of the biggest things the author talked about was proofing.  I told myself then that I was going to do a better job, but nope I have failed - ha!  Fortunately, I have a husband who can pretty much find the errors in anything and for the record this is indeed a positive trait (wink wink).  He will often send me a skype message after he has read a few posts making me aware of the errors he has found.  Most often it is a word misused or left out which has probably resulted from my brain moving faster than my fingers.  This along with my inability to concentrate on one task at a time has resulted in elementary errors in writing.  So blog friends I promise I am going to do a much better job of proofing my work!!

Here is a great website for proofreading along with 10 Tips on Proofreading!

blog comments powered by Disqus