June 21, 2011

Vacation Bible School

June 21, 2011

We had vacation bible school last week at our church.  This was Colton’s first year!  I was super excited about starting this yearly tradition, but a little nervous about his reaction to going.  When were in church he does not like going to the nursery/children’s church so I was worried that when we got to the church last week for VBS he was upset because we were not going into the sanctuary.  However, he proved my worries un necessary… he LOVED it!  Each day he would say, “go to bible school today momma!”

DSC_0001

This was him the first night siting across the table from one of his future schoolmates!  There were several 3 year olds in the class that will be joining him this fall at Gateway.  It was a great opportunity for him to get to know some of the other kids that will be in his class.

DSC_0239  DSC_0201  DSC_0011

The teacher (Mrs. Bridgett) was absolutely wonderful!  She was the epitome of patient and kind.  She did such a wonderful job with tailoring the lessons to their age group.  Each night they had yummy snacks, fun coloring sheets, a great lesson, crafts and games!

DSC_0171  DSC_0172  DSC_0178

I think this game was his favorite!

The last night we went down to the family life center to enjoy some fun time in a bounce house and inflatable slide.

DSC_0231

As crazy as it may sound I think that the highlight of Colton’s week was riding in the church bus!  Seriously!  We got off the bus back up at the church and he said, “Oh mom that was fun!  I loved riding the bus!”

It only took 20 minutes and this little guy to convince Colton to get on the slide, but once he we did he had fun!

DSC_0216  DSC_0219 Normally I do not share pictures of myself on my blog and most certainly not the unflattering ones, but I know one day I will be glad I did share these:

DSC_0207  DSC_0208

It was a great week and I was so happy to share in it will my little man!


0 comments:

Post a Comment