July 8, 2011

Favorite find Friday–Aden & Anais

July 8, 2011

I was fortunate enough to be the winning bidder on a “baby basket” at our local Christian Schools auction when I was a few months pregnant with Claire.  Okay, well honestly pregnancy hormones took over and  I threatened the lives of those who were bidding against me – ha ha!  Seriously though it was a fantastic basket which included a four pack of Aden and Anais Muslin Swaddling blankets.

Aden & Anais

I immediately loved the look and feel of these blankets.  Once Claire was born I followed the swaddling instructions and was instantly in love with this new find!  So in love that I had to have some girlie ones!  I searched the internet for the best deal and was excited to find that this boutique brand made a line of blankets to be sold exclusively at Target!  The four pack of Target blankets run about $10.00 cheaper than the ones sold in the boutiques.  I have also been able to find the blankets at a great prices at Albeebaby.com. 

These muslin wraps are Claire’s “go to” blanket.  We have one with us at all times – when she see’s her blanket she snuggles it up to her face and falls fast asleep.  Not only are they great swaddle blankies, but they were my favorite thing to use as a nursing cover.  They are huge, but light weight so you could use them as a cover while nursing, but not have to worry about it becoming stuffy under the cover.

This is Claire on her birthday morning with one of the original blankets that I won in the school auction. And below are some pictures of my little miss and her blankies.

P7090199P6300184

Above she is snoozing away as a little one with her muslin wraps….

DSC_008910-8-10 (3)

I also used them as a photo prop and a sunshade…

DSC_0052DSC_0007

Now when  you go to get her out of her crib she wants her blanket to come with her and at any given moment you can see her dragging one of them (we have 9!!) around the house.  My only wish is that I would have discovered these when Colton was a baby!


blog comments powered by Disqus