July 5, 2011

Running My Alma Mater

July 5, 2011
I love my alma mater – really really I do!  I love all things orange and when I hear Rocky Top or my Alma Mater song I cannot help, but to sing along!
DSC_0688
So when I heard that the Pilot Fireball 5k route was through the back road of my beloved campus I was pumped to lace up my running shoes – which coincidently ended up with severed laces at the end of the race.
DSC_0699
I was even more pumped when I talked my two sister in law’s into joining me for the adventure.  Here were are before the race.
We were early so goof off time was necessary.
DSC_0696DSC_0679
In the spirit of the holiday the national anthem was sung gracefully at the beginning of the race and the American flag flew high above the start/finish line.
DSC_0704
My time was disappointing (28:23), but I still had a great time!  Several of my friends ran achieving PR’s and my sister in law’s ran their hearts out!  I think we may have made a runner out of Ally, she is already talking about her next race.
DSC_0713
We were dripping wet and happy to be finished!  I think we may make this an annual event for the three of us.
DSC_0717

0 comments:

Post a Comment