August 10, 2011

Bumpy

August 10, 2011
I have been going back and forth for a long time about how much to share on my blog.  How much of myself am I willing to expose?  How raw am I willing to be?  It is my desire that my thoughts, my words, and my actions are all pleasing to the Lord.

There is so much that I am wanting to share (I think I am wanting to) and as I am writing this I realize my reason for not sharing … because I am afraid of opening up those wounds within my own heart.  I’m afraid of being vulnerable and exposing my weaknesses.  Okay – so that is my first bout of honesty and it is yucky!  Can you say pride!?  I am generally known as the “strong” one.  The one who holds it together, the fixer, the one who can make sense of the chaos and generally works out the most complicated equations.  So if I expose my weaknesses will I still be seen as that person and better yet, why do I care?
Hang on friends… the ride may be a little bumpy.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for your great and very honest post! I too like to be the strong one and am very uncomfortable revealing a weakness. I think what is great about writing and blogging is that we can evolve over time, sharing what we feel is right today and changing it tomorow if we then feel that is right! Bumpy roads can be exciting!!

DanGilbert66 said...

Hello,
I have a quick question for you about your site. If you could please get back to me as soon as possible I would greatly appreciate it. Have a great day!

Thanks,
Dan
--
Dan Gilbert
Communications Coordinator
Primrose Schools
www.primroseschools.com

Summer Jo said...

Dan - you can email me - summerjobrooks@gmail.com

Christina said...

Pride is a powerful thing, and sometimes it keeps us from doing what we know we should or what we want to do. And opening old wounds, so painful.
Praying for you, as I know how hard the truth can be sometimes - bumpy ride or not, life is full of miracles, too.
~OneMommy

Post a Comment