August 24, 2011

Family Binder

August 24, 2011

When Colton was first born we had the most wonderful pediatrician.  She was such a delight.  When he was just a few months old the pediatrician and her husband, newly empty nesters, decided to move away to be closer to their aging parents.  3 pediatricians later and we finally found one that we I liked. 

When the original physician left all of her medical records went to another pediatricians office to be stored.  A few weeks ago (long story – will not get into it all now) I found out that our current pediatrician never received Colton’s medical records despite many requests.  I call to try to get the records only to find out that they had been destroyed in a recent flood that hit our area.  I will spare you all the ugly details of my phone conversation, but needless to say this momma has been very upset by the neglect of others.  Believe it or not, not all physicians offices have gone to electronic filing – is this not 2011!?  So now I am in the process of creating a long overdue health journal and family binder for my family of four.  It is here that I will keep track of all medical information and that includes keeping current copies of my children’s medical records.

My original thought was just to do a health journal and a home binder separately, but I have decided to combine it all into one binder.  I am currently working on the Well Child Visit pages now and wanted to share those with you!

 

WCV Boy Birth - 1 monthWCV Girl Birth - 1 month

If you would like these for yourself please just click on the image and it will open up in a new window, then right click and click “save as” and save it to your computer to print!  I will have additional pages up on my blog promptly!


blog comments powered by Disqus