August 12, 2011

Favorite Find Friday–Polkadasies

August 12, 2011

There are so many great sewers out there.  I am amazed by the talent of some women.  Both of my mother in laws loves to sew.  Chris’ mom has a big love for quilting – I think that Claire had 5 quilts in her bedroom from Nana before she was even born, and yes, these are all hand quilted.  My other mother in law is quite the talent too.  She is very creative always coming up with new, fun ideas.  She made the window treatments (and basket liners) for Claire’s nursery and I LOVE them, they bring her room together so beautifully.  Hopefully, one day I will find my knack for sewing (or maybe not), but for now I will rely on those around me as well as another great lady I was fortunate enough to discover who has a blog/business called Polkadasies.

Below is a very pregnant me (still sporting my jeans… ha ha) opening my first gift from Polkadasies!  It was a onesies with her name and a matching hat purchased by a great friend.

DSC_0017DSC_0067

Here is my newborn Claire and a little 2 year old (almost) Colton.  I had forgotten how curly Colton’s hair was and how dark Claire was!

DSC_0091    

This is Colton sporting his 2nd birthday shirt.  It is simple, but exactly what I wanted.  I also love the shirts she uses – they are great quality heavy shirts that really hold up through the wash.  I have ordered other applique shirts from other sellers and the shirts have been thin and seem to run short in the length (I have long/tall children).

DSC_004010-23-10 (5)

These Tennessee shirts (Claire’s is a onesie) are some of my favorites!  Colton has worn his shirt a ton and I actually bought a size up so he will be able to wear it this year.  Claire’s Tennessee onesie and matching hat received lots of ooo’s and ahh’s when we were out and about!  These were the perfect outfits for game days!  Have I mentioned I am looking forward to fall and football!!?

DSC_0047

Go VOLS!

11-1-10 (36)10-8-10 (27)

I had a onesie made that was just like the gown and hat I received from my girlfriend.  The hat fit her all winter!  Above is Claire sporting her outfit with Aunt Allison last fall at Dollywood!

DSC_0103DSC_0158DSC_0205

By far my favorite has to be Claire’s Christmas outfit from last year!  We went to the Fantasy of Trees (a Children’s Hospital fundraiser), a spectacular showing of Christmas Trees around Thanksgiving.  The first picture is of Claire at the Fantasy of Trees looking at all the lights and the other two are Christmas day.  The trees on both of their shirts were all hand applique (washed up perfectly) and Claire’s twirl skirt was custom made – the smallest she had ever done and I LOVED it!  The pink leggings and Ugg boots made it the perfect outfit for Christmas!

image

And finally, Colton’s 3rd birthday shirt.  We planned a farm animal birthday party and Rebecca from Polkadaises delivered perfectly!  I told her I wanted a red shirt with a number three and that it was a farm animal theme.  She created the cutest shirt!  It may be hard to see, but on the front is a horse and on the back is the cutest cow ever!  Colton loves his shirt!

 DSC_0147DSC_0250

Needless to say I really love the work of Rebecca from Polkadasies and cannot wait to order some fun fall shirts!  What I have shown you is only the beginning of what she can create.  She has some of the prettiest dresses for little girls – I am dying to get one for Claire with a matching dress for myself.  She also does school spirit items, baby shower items and so much more.  Have fun shopping!!  Check her out at PolkadasiesBlog.com.

Disclosure: I was in no way compensated for this review.  It is all my expressed written opinion.


blog comments powered by Disqus