August 19, 2011

Park Day

August 19, 2011
Were working on a new nap schedule for Claire – it’s a necessity because of Colton’s school schedule.  With Claire waking a little earlier and the milder weather this week we decided to take one afternoon and venture out to the park.

Colton is so timid even at the park.  It takes him a minute to warm up to most new places and people.  Claire is the complete opposite.  The moment I put her down she takes off and tries to climb on everything.  Colton did make a little friend at the park and they played together for a while.  The little boy was so sweet!  He said to Colton, "do you want to be my friend and play with me?"  Colton said, "sure" and then the little guy said, "oh your my best friend!".  It was so cute!  


Some of the slides are really high and big, but Colton (with the encouragement of his little friend) went down all on his own.  He was so proud of himself.  Claire on the other hand, I had to constantly run after her because she wanted to climb to the top of the play structure and slide down the big slides by herself! Running after her is why I only managed to snap two photos that day!  I'm ready for fall so we can enjoy more of these milder days.

1 comments:

RaD said...

Boy do I remember those days! Once when my kids were about 2 and 3 1/2 we were invited to a birthday party at Pump it Up (lots of inflatables). We got distracted and lost my daughter, the youngest and could not find her anywhere. Thankfully only the party guests are in a room, and no one had gone in and out. Fianlly I found her on the obstacle course, climbing the slide in the back (she had to climb over and under and around a lot of objects to get back there) which was not exactly suited to a two year old! I climbed up after her just in time to slide down behind her. She was my busy, busy climber since the time she could move.

My son, however, was always the complete opposite. We would take him to the park and he would sit and watch the other kids play.

So you see how I can totally relate to this story!

Post a Comment