August 10, 2011

Straw Bale Gardening–Week ???

August 10, 2011
I lost track of what week it is, but I wanted to share with you some of our harvest!
We have tomatoes – LOTS of tomatoes!  Here is a picture of one of our first tomatoes. 
DSC_0192
Colton calls them apples (because they are green) and I keep re assuring him that they are tomatoes.DSC_0201
The straw bale gardening has been interesting, but I do not think that the return on investment is there for us.  A lot of it has to do with this being our first garden, but it will make more sense for us to probably do a traditional garden in the future.  I do think however that this type of gardening would be great for someone who does not have good soil or enough land to do a more traditional garden.  Were on almost two acres so we have ample space – its just figuring out how we would keep it watered that would be the task.
DSC_0200
How is your gardening going?  Link up your post below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment