October 30, 2011

Double Digits

October 30, 2011

I took this picture yesterday right before I started my run.  Last Saturday I raked in eight miles and it was super tough. 

IMG00321-20111029-1231

Earlier this week I had a stomach virus and was under the weather for a few days.  I managed to only get in one run during the week so I was not expecting a good turnout on my run yesterday.  My training schedule called for a 10k (6.2 miles at race pace) so I planned on doing somewhere between six and eight miles.

It was cold (around 45) and windy, but from the start I felt great.  For the first few miles I just focused on enjoying the run and did not even look down at my watch until I was around three or four miles.  Five miles in my knees started to stiffen up, but I ran past it.  This was honestly the best I have felt on a long run.

An hour and forty-four minutes later I snapped this photo:

IMG00323-20111029-1427

Yes, 10 miles!  When I came home Colton ask me, “how many did you do momma?  Did you do four?”  I said, “Colton momma did 10!”.  Chris did a double-take … the look on his face was priceless!  I did it… I made it to double digits!  13.1 here I come!


blog comments powered by Disqus