October 28, 2011

School Update

October 28, 2011

If you know me or if you have read for for any time at all you will know that I had a horrible time with letting go and sending Colton to school.  It is something that I actually starting thinking about in January of this year.  The anxiety was unreal and I often felt ridiculous for feeling so overwhelmed with sending my little three year old to preschool for the first time.  I can now say without hesitation that sending him not just to preschool, but to this particular school, is one of the best things that we have done for him.

I am a big proponent of private school education and more so I am a proponent of a Christian education.  This being said it was a no brainer that Colton would attend a Christian school.  There are many reasons for this choice, but most of all we want our children to be taught the Word of God and what better place than an educational setting.

In two months Colton has already learned so much!  Among all the other things he has learned what warms my heart the most is that my little three year old has five bible verses memorized:

  1. Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth”
  2. John 1:3 “All things were made by him”
  3. Psalm 18:30 “As for God, His way is perfect”
  4. Psalm 23:1 “The Lord is my shepherd.”
  5. Isaiah 43:5 “Fear not: for I am with thee”

It is so sweet to hear him say these passage of scripture all on his own.  Scripture memorization is so important to our Christian walk and Psalms 119: 9-11 tells us “How can a young man cleanse his way?  By taking heed according to Your word.  With my whole heart I have sought You;  Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!  Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You.”  I love that Colton is already hiding the word of God in his heart!

Oh and let me leave you with something super cute!  So every morning they have bible time.  During bible time they have to sit with their hands folded while the teacher reads them their bible story.  For a three year old this is a big test of self control.  If they do as they are told and keep their hands folded together they get one M&M (yes, just one – which I was happy about).  The teacher told me that they work very hard for that one M&M!  To help them get in the swing of things they have a little rhyme that they say.  I am not totally sure if they all say it together or if the teacher says it, but this is what I hear Colton reciting all the time – with hand motions… its so cute.

Here is our bible, its stories are true.  God gave us these stories for me and you.  Quiet so quiet we all now will be.  Listen to the stories and pictures you’ll see.  Now fold your hands together.


blog comments powered by Disqus