November 1, 2011

Almond Bark

November 1, 2011
Here it is, day one of our 30 days of desserts!!
I posted this recipe earlier this year, but I wanted to make it my first recipe for my 30 Days of Desserts because it is one of my favorites to make.  I enjoying making it because first of all it is super easy and secondly it always gets rave reviews.  I make the almond bark in the fall and winter and keep it in zip lock baggies in the fridge, then when the delivery or postman drops off a package (I do a ton of online shopping) I give them a bag.  It is just a fun way to show my appreciation and share some holiday cheer!
Here is how you can make your own:
  • 1 cup sliced almonds - toasted in the oven at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes
Bring to a boil on medium heat to the "hard crack stage" (this will require a candy thermometer) the following:
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
  • 2 Tablespoons water
Once you get it to the hard crack stage stir in your almonds and then pour into a lined jelly pan.  Side note: it can take a while to get to this stage so just hook your thermometer onto the side of the pan and check on it every couple of minutes.
Pour on 1 cup of chocolate chips (I prefer milk chocolate) ... let the chocolate chips sit for a while and melt a little on their own then spread them out over the bark.
Put it in the fridge to cool - once it cools just break it up into pieces and enjoy!
I like to double the recipe and use a whole package of chocolate chips and I prefer milk chocolate.
If you have a dessert recipe you want to share please email me – BelievingBoldly@gmail.com, I would love to share your dessert!

blog comments powered by Disqus