November 7, 2011

Food … and Running

November 7, 2011

Saturday is my day for my long runs.  I look forward to Saturday all week!  It is that one day where I can actually go and be alone and not be lonely.  I hit the pavement in search of a new number.  My husband deserves tons of credit though because not only does he keep the kiddos while I am out discovering new mileage, but he cooks up a tasty breakfast!

DSC_0159

Buckwheat pancakes are one of my favorites!  I had them for the first time in a little pancake house on one of our fall trips to Pigeon Forge.  I have been hooked ever since.  Pankcakes and scrambled eggs are now on the menu every Saturday.

DSC_0160

My Saturday runs have been amazing and the last two Saturday’s I brought home 10 miles.  Two weeks ago was my first time hitting double digits and I followed it up this past Saturday with an almost identical run.  My first half marathon is 2 weeks away and I am so excited!


blog comments powered by Disqus