November 21, 2011

13.1

November 21, 2011

I have so much to say about my first half marathon that I almost do not know where to start.  I guess we can start with this picture.

IMG00350-20111120-1156

My goal was 2:10 and I was really worried that if I did not make it in that amount of time that I would be so upset with myself – because I am so darn competitive!  Well… I have say without reservation that the extra 10 min does not even matter to me now.  It gives me something more to aim for next time.  I will say though that this is my slowest pace ever!

The way I felt yesterday was anything, but ideal for a run like this.  Had I felt this bad on a normal training run I would have cut the run short and headed for the house.  Cutting it short, or even walking for that matter was not an option for me – so I chugged along and crossed that finish line arms pumping.

IMG_2127

I am incredibly grateful to my supportive husband for all he has done to help me achieve this goal.  Without Chris and the help of the Lord I would have never been able to do this.

IMG_2167


blog comments powered by Disqus