January 5, 2012

Goals … Resolutions

January 5, 2012
New Years resolutions have never been my thing.  Statistically speaking most New Years resolutions end by January 4th.  I do however like to set goals.  Running goals have been on my mind lately.  A half marathon had been a goal of mine forever, since before I was pregnant with Colton and FINALLY last year (so weird to say) I reach that goal.

For 2012 I have been thinking about new running goals.  Initially I said I would like to log 1000 miles this year, then I sat down and did the math and realized that 1000 miles was just not realistic for me.  A more realistic number, a more reachable number is 500 miles – big difference, huh!?  So… I am reaching to log at least 500 miles this year.  I am currently at 4 so we will see how it goes.  Ha ha. 
Also, for 2012 I want to run a 2:10 half marathon.  I would like run at least two half marathons, maybe three if I can fit it in.  There is nothing like hitting double digits on the pavement.  My 5k PR is something that I would like to drastically improve as well.  Currently my PR is 27:20, a sub 25 minute 5k is my goal for this year and I feel like it is very achievable.  There are a couple of 5k’s that I really want to do this year, one of them being the Fireball Classic in Knoxville in July.  Last year I ran it with two of my sisters in law and we want to make this a yearly tradition.

In order to keep me on track and accountable I have mapped out my training schedule.  For my last half marathon I used Hal Higdon’s Novice Half Marathon Training Schedule.  I prefer Hal Higdon’s training programs because they focus on distance, he has many different options and best of all they are free.  Hal now has a Novice 2 training schedule – something in between a Novice and an Intermediate program.  Training in the winter is going to be super tough for me so moving to the intermediate program is not right for me right now – maybe this summer/fall.  I am really excited about this program because it also focuses on pace, something I did not do last time.  So here you go… here is my training schedule:

Jan Run ScheduleFeb 2012 RunMar 2012 Run

Would you like to ran a half marathon April 1st!!?  If so please feel free to use this training schedule for yourself!  Also, what are your goals for 2012??

If you would like this printable for yourself click on the image – it will open up in a new window.  Then, right click and choose to “save image as…” and save it to your computer.

blog comments powered by Disqus