January 6, 2012

Persuaded (II Tim 1:12)–Free Printable

January 6, 2012

We went to a funeral of a dear church member just a few days ago and on his obituary the family used this verse from Second Timothy: “For I know whom I have believed and I’m persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to him until that day”.  This is one of my favorite verses and is one that I cling to in times of despair.

Another church member, a dear mother of two young children was diagnosed with stomach cancer about two months ago and just this week the doctors told her that her situation looked bleak – the chemo is not working and the tumor has grown.  Alesha (the mother) and I are almost the same age, she has two very young children (younger than mine) and she is one of the sweetest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.  My heart has been overwhelmed and so burden for her.  When I think of her and her young children my eyes swell with tears, but then the Lord brings me back to this scripture. 

Second Timothy was Paul's last letter written to the church.  In my opinion he was one of the greatest men mentioned in the New Testament.  He was in a prison cell virtually alone and yet Paul found it within him to share the good news of the gospel.  That God loves us and He sent his son to die for us (II Timothy 1: 9-10) and in verse 12 Paul expresses his confidence in the one true God.  Paul experienced suffering and anguish while in prison, but he trusted in the power of the Lord.  It is obvious by his words that Paul had an intimate relationship with Christ. Friends, I say to you if your situation looks desolate, trust in the one in whom you have believed and he will keep you until the day of his coming.  I ask that you please put my friend Alesha Goodlett on your prayer list.

 

II Tim112 SJB

II Tim112 2  SJB

If you would like this printable for yourself click on the image – it will open up in a new window.  Then, right click and choose to “save image as…” and save it to your computer.


blog comments powered by Disqus