March 13, 2012

Where Have you Been??

March 13, 2012

Where have I been you may ask… well I have been here, just not here on my blog.  For some reason life has seemed to get the best of me lately and I have managed to find little or no time for blogging.  I am hoping to get back in the swing of things soon!  Blogging is such an outlet for me as well as a great place to store memories of my children so my sporadic absence is hopefully over.

I have been running quite frequently and I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying myself.  Honestly, when I am out on my runs that is usually one of my favorite parts of the day – even if it is at 5:30am.  There is something about getting up before the sun comes up or before most anyone else is up and hitting the pavement that stirs me inside.  Makes me feel like I have accomplished something.  I may have not finished the laundry or managed to unload the dishwasher (my LEAST favorite chore… uggg!), but hey I pounded out at least four miles at 5:30 this morning – so there I finished something.

My half marathon training is nearing the end … the Knoxville Half is less than three weeks away and I am so excited!  The course for this half is around and on UT’s Campus, which in itself makes me soooo happy (have I mentioned lately how much I love my alma mater!?), but the finish line is on the 50 Yard Line of Neyland Stadium – home of my Tennessee Vols!  Ahhhh… I get goose bumps thinking about it!

Last weekend two girlfriends, also training for the Knoxville Half, and I ran an 8k in Knoxville … we had so much fun!  Our husband watched the kiddos (6 total) while us momma runners hit the pavement… I cannot believe we did not get a picture of the 3 of us!  Chris did get a few pictures of my finish though.

DSC_0010

This lady in the yellow… I had my sights set on her the last two miles of the race.  I love to try to pick people off in a race – its sort of my motivation.  I pick someone out and say to myself, “ok I want to pass that person” and then once I do (hopefully) I pick out someone else.  It is just a motivator for me and helps me not get too bored.  So yeah… I had my eyes set on her FOREVER and did not get up to her until the end… and FINALLY my kick took over and I passed her right at the finish.

Usually I have a time goal in my head, but I did not set a firm one going in.  I knew I want to have half marathon pace (9:50 is my half marathon goal pace) or under.  I finished in 46:46 with a 9:23 pace, 4th in my age group – I was pleased.  Now if I can just make it to April 1st injury free!


blog comments powered by Disqus