July 3, 2012

30 bags In 30 Days Intro & Free Printable

July 3, 2012

With a baby on the way and trying to sell our house I have been working like a mad woman trying to organize and clear out clutter.  After browsing on Pinterest one afternoon I ran across several post about “40 bags in 40 days”.  Apparently, many tie this to Lent… seeing how lent is past and I want to do this NOW I thought I would tone it down a tad and do 30 bags in 30 days.

Basically, you want to clear out 30 bags of junk, clutter, stuff you do not use and do not need in a 30 day period of time.  30 bags may seem like a lot, but I will be using grocery bags, not large kitchen trash bags for my 30 bags – this is much more doable.

Here is a sample of my list:

  1. Bathroom 1
  2. MB – my stuff (nightstand, etc…)
  3. MB – his stuff
  4. MB – closet
  5. MB – clothes drawers & closet
  6. Colton’s Room
  7. Claire’s Room
  8. Playroom – Bookshelf
  9. Playroom – Armoire (I am sure the playroom will take more than 1 bag!)
  10. Kitchen Sink
  11. Kitchen Pantry/Cupboards
  12. Fridge/Freezer
  13. Desk & Bookshelf
  14. Laundry Room
  15. Basement (including tv cabinets)
  16. Bathroom 2
  17. Basement Closet (this will probably take 2 or more bags!)
  18. Filing Cabinet
  19. Dining Room / Living Room (these are my least cluttered rooms so I put them together)
  20. Claire’s old clothes
  21. Colton’s old clothes
  22. Holiday Decorations
  23. Storage Shed – Miscellaneous Items (this will take multiple bags!)
  24. Car

Shew… I am feeling a little overwhelmed already!

Maybe you would like to join in on the fun??  I plan on starting Monday July 9th and running through Tuesday August 7th with a final wrap up on Friday August 10th.  My goal is going to be to do an update every Friday (July 13th, July 20th, July 27th, August 3rd, and August 10th) with the opportunity to link up your post and share your successes and tips for de-cluttering and organizing!  So how about it?… you in?

Below I have created some printables to help us get started. 

30 bags in 30 days - 3

30 bags in 30 days  30 bags in 30 days - 2

If you would like this printable for yourself click on the image – it will open up in a new window.  Then, right click and choose to “save image as…” and save it to your computer

“Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”  William Morris


blog comments powered by Disqus