July 9, 2012

Ramblings of A Pregnant Lady

July 9, 2012

Today we are back in our normal routine and I have to say, it is pretty nice.  I am such a creature of habit and can only tolerate a sporadic schedule for so long.  Chris was on vacation last week so that made the sporadic schedule very tolerable.  He always gets the week of the fourth off and we always spend it with family on the lake.  This year was no different.  Due to hectic schedules, a new job and baby, and a nasty storm we did not get to spend as much time with family as we would have liked, but it was still nice.

Our normal routine today has consisted of grocery shopping and tons of laundry – NOT A FAN of either!  Both of the children have been happy to be home.  You can tell they have missed their normal routine including their own toys and their beds!  I have a lot on my agenda for the week, but I have a feeling that very little is going to get accomplished!  I do however plan on getting a good start to my 30 Bags in 30 Days.  Two bags have already made their way into a giveaway box.

Colton has been really enjoying his responsibility chart, more than I thought he would.  Since starting the chart over a week ago he has only leaked in his pull-up once and he has been asking to make his bed, help with the laundry, and cleaning up his toys regularly!  Today while grocery shopping we picked up some star stickers (we’ve been using flowers!… hey… its all I had!) – he reminded me the whole trip there that we had to get stickers!  We picked some up for Claire too, I plan on making her a potty chart this week so we can master the potty!

My blog recently had a facelift.  I wanted to add some things, specifically a header bar, and in order to do so I had to pick out all new elements.  I miss my old theme, but the new one is quickly growing on me.  My pages are still under construction, but I think I have my “About Me” page all finished.  Let me know what you think when you get a chance.  Organizing my blog and its content it on the top of my “to do” list.  I have lots of ideas and plans, but it is going to take me a while to bring it all to fruition.  You know, my home, kiddos, and my money making hobby has to take priority.  Blogging gets the shaft… ha ha.

Did I mention that I just surpassed the 20 week mark in pregnancy!?  I am now 21 weeks and cannot believe that I have made it more than half way through this pregnancy.  We had my 20 week appointment last week which included the “big” ultrasound.  We found the gender out a few weeks ago, but it was confirmed on Thursday.  Baby boy Brooks (we have yet to commit to a name… well, Chris has yet to commit to a name) was being a little stubborn, but in the end everything checked out wonderfully!  Prior to the appointment I had some anxiety about the overall health of the baby – I think this is generally normal until you have that ultrasound and they tell you everything looks great.  Chris and I are still overwhelmed with the thought of having three children under four, we are praising the Lord for a good report though.  November will be here before we know it!

We are trying to sell our home – for anyone who has sold a home in the last few years knows this is a difficult process.  We have opted to sell it ourselves versus listing with a realtor… this give us more control over showings and allows us to offer a lower price.  We have had a ton of showings and some that look promising, but no offers yet.  We live in a three bedroom with no room for a fourth so we would REALLY like to have this home sold before the baby arrives.  Ideally we would like to find something to rent and then build, but hey, who lives in an idealistic world!?  At this point I just want to move under the guidance of the Lord and do what it is that He would have us to do.  Chris and I would love to live completely debt free – selling our house would help us achieve that goal.

Speaking of living debt free… I have been thinking a lot lately about Dave Ramsey and his Financial Peace series.  My husbands ears just perked up when he read this.  The question is, “just how uncomfortable am I willing to live!?” hmmm.  Hearing the success stories on his radio show really motivate me to move forward.  Ahhh, we will see.

Okay, that is enough rambling for now… back to the laundry!


blog comments powered by Disqus