August 8, 2012

Anxiety… Standing on the Promises of God

August 8, 2012

This summer Claire has suddenly become super clingy and attached to me.  Seriously, it is over the top and totally out of character for her.  First of all she is a Daddy’s girl and always has been.  If Chris is home she wants him and has very little to do with me.  She wants him to fill her sippy cup, change her diaper, and kiss her boo boo’s.

This summer though she has went through a change… I’m not sure if she is sensing a new baby or what.  She bas been dragging her blanky around 24/7 and constantly wanting me to hold her.  It has been so out of character that I ask my husband if I should take her to the pediatrician because I think she may not be feeling well!  I know it sounds laughable, but seriously!

The thoughts of bringing another baby into the mix is really throwing me for a loop.  I am generally one that can hold it all together.  I can manage our home and children on my own throughout the day fairly well I feel.  Yes, the house may be a wreck on occasion – okay okay, most days! ha ha… But seriously, I feel like I have managed well with two toddlers.  However, now I am really doubting my ability to manage with a third.  I am already stressing about nap schedules and feeding schedule, and dinner!  How am I going to have dinner ready and on the table for everyone by 5:30-6pm?  How am I going to pick Colton up from school and get Baby “B” fed and down for a nap on time?  How am I going to be able to give all three the attention that they need?

Speaking of school.  Please pray for my little man.  He is not excited at all about starting school.  Whenever it is mentioned the anxiety just swells up in him.  You can see it written all over his face!  It breaks my heart!  I really thought this year would be different, but he has basically been home with me for three months so it is like we’re starting all over.  His kindergarten director was talking to him about K4 after church last Sunday, he backed away from her, his breathing picked up, and tears started to well up in his eyes!  Heartbreaking!  So… I am not the only one dealing with anxiety!  I have been specifically asking the Lord to ease his anxiety and I firmly believe that He will.

Every time I start to feel overwhelmed there are a few things that I try to remember.  First of all, my husband is a super hero.  Seriously, he is.  He is the biggest help every day and I know that I am not bringing this baby home to tend to alone.  Also, the Lord keeps reminding me of Philippians 4:4-6 “Rejoice in the Lord always; and again I say, Rejoice.  Let your  moderation be known unto all men.  The Lord is at hand.  Be anxious for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made know until God.  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

So today I am CHOOSING to push the anxiety aside and stand on the promises of God!


blog comments powered by Disqus