August 27, 2012

First Day of K4

August 27, 2012

This is my cute little man on his first day of K4!

DSC_0003

I had not been looking forward to this day for fear of tears and major anxiety from my little guy.  This summer has been wonderful … playing at the park, running errands together, and just hanging out.  I knew once he started school back I was going to miss him so much!

DSC_0004

We had been talking about school for a while, trying to get him use to the idea of going back.  Whenever I mentioned it he told me he did not want to go.  When we picked up school supplies he became really upset and told me on numerous occasions, “you can take those things to school all by yourself mom!”  A few weeks before school started we went to pick up uniforms and I spent the entire time reassuring him we were there just to pick up clothes and he was not staying.  It was at that time that I become very nervous about his first week!

DSC_0008     DSC_0009

The morning of his first day things went very smooth!  Colton actually woke up on his own at 7am!  All summer he had been sleeping in past 8am so I was a little concerned the morning routine was not going to go so well.  He proved me wrong.

However, the night before was a different story.  Before bedtime Colton always ask “what are we doing tomorrow?”.  He was sitting at the table finishing up a snack and when he ask and I told him “well Colton you have school tomorrow”… and que emotional breakdown!  This was unexpected because the Friday before when we visited the school to pay tuition and see his classroom his entire attitude changed.  Once he saw his classroom and things with his name on it he was excited to go!  I was shocked!  In K4 they have their own desk where as in K3 the students were at tables in groups of six.  “Oh I’m going to have my own desk just like you and Daddy!”.  Once he realized all his friends were going to be there he was excited too.  It was that day that we started doing a countdown – “only five more days until school” … Monday he said, “only 2 more days until school”.  So when he ask on Tuesday night what we were doing the next day I thought when I told him he was going to school he would be fine.  I was wrong!

The next hour I spent talking to him and explaining to him that his friends would be there and momma would be right there to pick him up.  By the time he feel asleep he was fine.  Shew!

Of course I spent much of the morning snapping photos.  “Colton how much do you love Momma?”

“THIS MUCH!!”

DSC_0011

Walking into school was a family affair.

DSC_0012

DSC_0013

We had some church friends offer to snap a photo of all of us.  I was thankful to be able to get in front of the camera even if I did look like a hot mess!

DSC_0015

These are seriously three of my most favorite people in the whole world!

DSC_0018

On the first day they welcome parents to come in with the students and get them situated in their classroom.

DSC_0019

See Claire?  She wanted to go in and stay!  Seriously, if they would take her I think I would let her stay – ha ha.

DSC_0020

Did I mention he LOVES his desk!?  Seriously, these are the sweetest pictures ever!

DSC_0023

Of course, I stayed way too long!

DSC_0025

Yep, I stayed until he teared up…

DSC_0027

… and this is Chris making fun of me!  Ha ha ha!

DSC_0028

Overall he had a terrific first day… a great first week (3 days).  He loves his teacher and his classmates.  I am so thankful for a great school and a sweet little man!


blog comments powered by Disqus