August 25, 2012

Ramblings of a Tired Prego Momma

August 25, 2012

WARNING:  Major rambling taking place.

Yes, I am definitely alive and well… I have just fallen off the blogging train this past week!  The last few weeks have been super busy and stressful.  With a new baby on the way I now needed a vehicle that would fit three car seats.  We still have Colton in a five point booster as opposed to a standard booster and then of course Claire is still in a car seat. 

Speaking of car seats, I am curious how long some of you have left your toddlers in 5 point harness booster seats.  I remember my nephew switching into just a standard booster that sat him up a bit and using the car seatbelt early on.  After some research last year Chris and I just did not feel like that was the safest choice for Colton.  I have read some startling statistics about children and car accidents which led us to purchasing a five point harness booster.  He can use his seat up until 90 pounds (in the five point harness position) so we’re thinking he will be in it until Baby “B” needs Claire’s seat and she will move up to Coltons.  Ahhhh…. I’m rambling.

So yeah, we needed a new vehicle.  I had a car and it would not fit three car seats.  A Sports Utility was really wanted I wanted, but it is just in no way practical with three toddlers not to mention the terrible gas mileage!  ( Taking a brief pause…Trying to avoid a political statement at this point… )  In an SUV I would be lifting everyone inside and creating a lot more work on myself.  So that brought us to the van conversation.  One I was hoping to avoid for a while.  Lets face it though – you push a button the oldest two can climb in – Colton can buckle himself, Claire needs little help -  you push a button and voila.  Pretty simple.  Oh yeah, and the SPACE… you cannot beat the extra space. 

We literally hunted for the right van for about two months!  Car shopping is just something I am not use to!  I have had the same car since 2006.  Prior to that I had the car I took to college.  Chris and I are not “vehicle people” – if that makes sense. We have never really cared too much about what we were driving (if you know us you know this is true!) – as long as it could get us from point a to point b safely and comfortably.  My husband is a frugal guy who has taught me the importance of living debt free so we go with the frame of mind that we will “drive it until the wheels fall off”.  I know, I know, I’m rambling again.  I warned you!

To make a long story short we sold my car… we lived with only ONE vehicle for two weeks (pain in the rear!) and I was on the verge of a meltdown!  My amazing super-hero of a husband drove 9 hours yesterday to buy me a vehicle.  Serioulsy, who drives four and a half hours one way to purchase a vehicle!?  I was shocked when he pulled in the driveway with EXACTLY what I wanted!  I am now a minivan mom – yep, that’s me :), and Chris… well he is pretty awesome!

In between all this van chaos Colton started school.  I know to some it may sound crazy, but when I think about him (my little four year old) being away from me everyday I go into a little bit of a panic.  Yep, just call me your type-A control freak parent.  Seriously though, its a depressing panic.  I miss him terribly when he is gone.  Mind you his K4 program is only three hours a day!  We use to joke that Colton is a “stage 4 clinger”… ha ha, but I think it is momma that is the “stage 4 clinger”!  So stay tuned – I have a post coming up with all the details of his first week!

I am still feeling overwhelmed and anxious with the idea of a third little one.  We currently have our house listed for sale by owner – we have a three bedroom with no room for a fourth.  I have a feeling its going to be a little cramped with baby stuff everywhere and no where to put it.  So… if you have room on your prayer list will you please add selling our home to yours!  I ask myself daily how on earth I am going to manage with three kids four and under.  Then I am so often reminded – “You just will” … a long time mentor and wonderful friend of mine said to me the other day “you’re allowing the devil to stuff your head full … rebuke him and send him away!”  I needed that reminder!

There is so much going on right now.  My Pampered Chef business has taken off – which I love!  I am busy with some church obligations and praying about which to give up.  I have a hard time letting go and a hard time saying NO.  Praying God will lead me in the right direction in all these situations.  Trying to manage my time wisely and spend lots of quality time with my children is on the top of my agenda list this coming week… what is on top of yours?


blog comments powered by Disqus