September 13, 2012

Making Preparations For Baby “B”

September 13, 2012

It is so hard believe that I have hit the 30 week mark.  Lord willing we will be welcoming our little boy into the world in less than 10 weeks!  Shocking to think about.  This past week I have been “nesting”, making preparations for his arrival.  We have realized that selling our home before the baby arrives is probably not going to happen so we nailed down where in our room we will put him and then what we will do after we move him out of our room.  In the past I have left our babies in our room for the first four to six weeks.

Washing baby clothes, making space in Colton’s dresser and closet, making myself a hospital list – these have all been on my agenda lately.  The urgency to get prepared has hit me with a vengeance.  Yesterday, we made a target run and I was able to mark a few things off my list.

photo

First, I cannot rave enough about Aden & Anais Swaddle Blankets.  They are seriously my favorite blankets on the planet and they now have a line exclusively for Target!  There a tad less expensive, but still the same great quality as what you buy in the boutique stores.  I use these for swaddling, as a nursing cover, burp cloth, etc… they are Claire’s “blankey” of choice.

Of course every breastfeeding mom needs Lanolin Cream and nursing pads.  These two thing alone will save you from a ton of pain.  Target also carries what I consider to be the best line of nursing tanks.  They are super soft and LONG.  I used these pretty much the entire time I nursed my other two.

This is really going to happen… I am really going to have another baby!  Wow!!


blog comments powered by Disqus