September 9, 2012

Sweet Nuggets

September 9, 2012

My husband is a man of very few words.  Very few!  So when he talks I try to listen closely… and when he write sweet notes or cards… well I hide those nuggets in my heart!

On Tuesday and Thursday mornings Claire and I take Colton to school and then go walk with a friend.  I have really been enjoying the time out of the house and the adult conversation.  However, last Tuesday morning I just about lost my marbles before we made it out of the door.  I am not even sure what had me all stressed out, but needless to say I left in a rush with the kitchen a mess from breakfast and Colton ended up 10 minutes late from school. 

On the days we walk Claire and I generally stay where we are because it is just around the corner from Colton’s school and driving home and back is at least 30 minutes.  So we hang out with friends or run errands.  That day, after picking Colton up and arriving home I walked into the kitchen and let out a big sigh of relief – my super hero of a husband had cleaned up the kitchen before heading out the door for the office.  A clean kitchen just makes the rest of my day go smooth… is this the case for anyone else?

In the hustle and bustle of the morning I felt like a horrible mom… I was frustrated with my kids and short with them I am sure.  The entire drive to school I kept beating myself up “if you would had just gotten up earlier!” … “if you would had ironed the night before” … “if you would had prepared Colton’s lunchbox the night before!” … “if you would had just skipped breakfast” … “ahhh you were so ugly and hateful!”… yep, I was letting the nasty devil fill my head full!

In my rush that morning I forgot my phone… imagine that.  I went over to check to see if I had any missed calls or messages and found this sweet note.

IMG_1778

Seriously, this made my day!  Those sweet little words of encouragement and affirmation go a LONG way.  Love him!


blog comments powered by Disqus