October 20, 2012

Big Girl Bed

October 20, 2012

Last week we moved Claire into her big girl bed.  This is definitely not something I was looking forward to, but something we had to do.  The plan is for “Baby B” to move into Claire’s crib, not to mention she was really out of room!  So… we had to make the move sooner or later.

The first day was horrible!  She thought because she was in a big bed that I was going to sleep with her.  Whenever were on vacation I put her in the bed with Chris and I (or just myself and he sleeps with Colton).  This is the only time we have ever let our children sleep with us.  I just hate the idea of them waking up somewhere in the middle of the night and not knowing where they are.

IMG_2454

Back on topic… like I said, the first day was horrible. She would not stay in the bed so I ended up putting her back in her crib and letting her nap. Bedtime was not fun either… she woke up in the middle of the night the first two nights. I think she was afraid of the bed – it is high and twin size so she did not feel safe.  She was really timid when getting up into it. Chris suggested we add her crib bumpers, and that did the trick! She now LOVES her big girl bed!!

IMG_2455

Colton loves to get up in her bed with her before naptime (and bedtime)… this is where we have been reading books, singing, and doing our bedtime prayers.

IMG_2452

There are days when they pester one another constantly… days that make me crazy.  Then there are moments like this… when they just love on one another non-stop.  It is really the sweetest thing ever.

IMG_2457

Funny thing though… they always want me to take their picture when they are up in her bed!

IMG_2460

Silly dilly!

IMG_2463

So we have successfully made the move to the big girl bed where she is currently sleeping like a little princess!

Her headboard and bed skirt are being made!  I cannot wait to have it all put together.


blog comments powered by Disqus