October 18, 2012

If you Really Knew Me

October 18, 2012

If you really knew me you would know that I am a control freak.  Point-In-Case: I cannot bear to let my husband have the checkbook!  He has only written two checks in the ten years we’ve been married.  Yep, that’s me – Type A!  So it should be no surprise that I am a certified helicopter mom.  I plan on sheltering my kids as long as possible and I find NOTHING wrong with it.  They have plenty of time to experience the “real world”.

I like my children to be clean and smell fresh… all the time! Dirty feet and hands and face are YUCK. They bathe daily and sometimes change clothes multiple times a day because of my clean obsession. Oh yeah, and ironing is a must.

If you really knew me you would know that I am not as tough as I sometimes seem.  There are several topic I try to avoid – number one topic – my dad.  If you really knew me you would know that I am a doer, almost to a fault.  If you suggest it, I find a way to do it. 

If you really knew me you would know that I NEVER polish my fingernails, but I cannot stand to have my toenails un-manicured.  It is driving me nuts right now that they are not polished.  Also, I only wear two different perfumes.  VS Heavenly and Allure.  I hate jeans… I have had one pair that I adore that I have owned for over five years.  These are my “go to” pants.  Sperry’s are my new shoe obsession.  I secretly want a pair of Ugg boots, but I cannot make up my mind if I REALLY like them and if I could REALLY pull them off.  In my opinion they sometimes look borderline ridiculous on adults.  Putting an outfit together is a struggle for me.  Seriously!  I prefer to go to a specialty store and buy an entire outfit rather than attempt to piece stuff together myself.  I never “buy with the trend” because the “trend” ends fast.  I really like to wear white tops (they look clean), but I am too fair skinned.  I have several navy jackets/coats because I have a secret obsession with the color.

Even if you do not know me you probably know I am a hard core conservative (shew… happy I got that off my chest… ha ha… I now expect to lose a couple of followers). I have lots of friends and family members who are public school teachers, but I would never under and circumstance send my children to public school.

If you knew me you would know that I LOVE lots of milk in my cereal and no I do not drink the left over milk – yuck!  Milk is also a must in my ice-cream.  Fried okra is my favorite veggie and I can seriously eat Texas Pete on anything!  I like vinegar on my fish and mustard with my fries.  I do not like my maple syrup from my pancakes/French toast to get on my eggs.

You’d know that I am over the top in love with my husband.  His touch still makes me giddy and I need to hear his voice several times a day.  I often interrupt him at work just to say hello.  I love his hair, especially when its long.  I wished we would had met sooner so I could had cheered him on from the benches of the baseball field and basketball court.  Sometimes I still have a hard time believing he’s mine.  I am way too dependent on my him for self worth – totally working on this! You would also know that I am attached to his hip! Ahem, stage 5 clinger people!

Hold your breath, but I have a confession… I was not always a Tennessee fan!  But if you really knew me you would know that all it took was one football game and I fell in love!  I love my alma mater and ALL THINGS ORANGE!  If I could I would go back to college TODAY!

My secret obsession is reality shows and it drives Chris nuts!  I love the Real Housewives of NY and NJ.  I really want to go on The Amazing Race, but seriously do not know if I could leave my kiddos for that long.  Oh yeah, and the Sci-Fi channel is off limits when I am in the room.  If I could only watch one television show forever – it would be Friends!  Pretty Woman is my favorite movie and I dislike local news!  The Good Wife is my current favorite TV show. 

I could go on and on, but I will spare you any more details of my life!  :)

Most importantly if you know me I hope you know that I LOVE JESUS!

This post was inspired by Sarah at It’s A Vol!


blog comments powered by Disqus