October 27, 2012

Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle–LInky

October 27, 2012
Making a Trifle is one of the easiest and prettiest desserts!  It is great for home entertaining or taking to parties.  My favorite to make is this super simple Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle!

First up… bake your brownies.  Notice the piece missing!?  I had to test mine you know… to make sure they tasted okay!  My preferred method for baking brownies is in the Large Bar Pan by Pampered Chef.  This is my favorite piece of stoneware.  This way they are thin and easier to work with.

IMG_1838

You want to cut the brownies into cubes.  I like for my first layer to being brownies so I covered the bottom of my trifle bowl with them.

IMG_1843

Next, prepare your instant chocolate pudding!  My four cup (small) batter bowl worked perfectly.  Most 5 ounces boxes of instant pudding call for 3 cups of cold mix.  Mix your pudding and milk and then refrigerate until chilled.

IMG_1840     IMG_1841

Next up is your peanut butter mixture.  I use 1 cup of creamy peanut butter, 1 cup of powdered sugar, 8 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature and about 1 cup of whipped topping.  Mix all this together and set aside.  The Pampered Chef Measure All Cup is perfect for peanut butter!

IMG_1844    IMG_1845

Now you can start layering.

You can layer your trifle anyway you wish, but this is how I layered this one:

Brownie Layer – 1 box of your favorite brownie mix.

Peanut Butter Layer – 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, 8 ounces of cream cheese (at room temperature), and 1 cup whipped topping.

Chocolate Pudding Layer – 1 large box of instant chocolate pudding, prepared and chilled.

Whipped Topping Layer – to make it simple easy just buy a large container of cool whip! If you want to make it yourself beat 2 cups of heavy whipping cream 3 table spoons of sugar until stiff peaks form.

IMG_1846

After repeating the layers I topped my trifle with peanut butter cups.

IMG_1847

Yummy!

The Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl is my favorite entertaining piece!  The stem comes off the bowl and it also comes with a lid.  This is great for storing in the refrigerator, traveling, and then storing when it is not in use.

Do you have a favorite trifle recipe you would like to share!?  Link up below!






blog comments powered by Disqus