November 23, 2012

12 Days of Christmas–Advent Calendars

November 23, 2012

12 days of Christmas

For years I have been wanting an advent calendar and for whatever reason we still do not have one.  I love the ones from Pottery Barn Kids, but they are more than what I want to spend.  However, all it takes is a few minutes of surfing the web and you can find some amazing DIY Advent Calendars.

This first one is from dandee-designs.com and is something super simple to do.  In each envelope is something fun to do each day leading up to Christmas day.  My problem would be I need ideas of what to put on each card, but sure enough this blogger gives you some great ideas!

advent 1

Here is another activity advent calendar that is super easy too!  I love the burlap covered canvas.  You can find instructions on this one from The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking.

advent 2

I really loves these bags.  My only question is, where do you find scalloped circles this big!?  This blogger has the great idea of using left over Halloween candy in the bags as a treat!advent 3

These bags are so adorable and would look so cute strung across any mantel.  This blogger fills each bag with an ornament and each morning her little guy gets up and discovers a new ornament and puts it on the tree.  This sounds like lots of fun for toddlers!

advent 4

Love Love Love… these action cards!  I definitely would love to do something like this!

advent 5

The same blogger made these adorable boxes.  I love these… how would you display them??

advent 6

How does your family celebrate advent?

Link up below!


blog comments powered by Disqus