July 19, 2013

Friends & Chickens

July 19, 2013

A few weeks ago our friends and their children joined us at the lake.  It was the day of my last half marathon.  My girlfriend Christine ran too then she went home, packed up her crew and headed our way.

We had a great time in the pool – I forgot my camera – and then we came back over to let the girls meet the chickens!  Colton and Claire love the chickens so they wanted to show their friends ;)

DSC_0944

Mayela was a big fan and in typical fashion she took to bossing them around.  We were cracking up!  She is a firecracker – so much like Claire.

DSC_0953DSC_0969

Claire and Colton love Mulan (the first and second one).  Any time Claire gets her hands on a stick she re-enacts the first scene from the second movie.

DSC_0962DSC_0972

Chris showed the four of them how to roll down the hill… DSC_0993

I am thinking Mayela was the only one to give it a real go.

DSC_0999

and then Daddy had to take the stick… needless to say she was not a happy camper.

DSC_1000

These kiddos are four of my favorites!

DSC_0983


blog comments powered by Disqus